Summit County, Utah a county located in the U.S. state of Utah, occupying a rugged and mountainous area. As of the 2010 census, the population was 36,324. Its county seat is Coalville, and the largest city is Park City. The county was created in 1854 and later organized in 1861. It is so named because it includes 39 of the highest mountain peaks in Utah.
The county's mean elevation is 8,388 feet (2,557 m) above sea level, which is the second-highest of any county outside Colorado.
See also Scouting in Utah.
Local History Edit
Notable Scout Units Edit
Activity Centers Edit
Parks & Nature Edit
- Historic Union Pacific Rail Trail is 28 miles (45 km) long, and averages 125 feet (38 m) wide. The trail stretches between Park City and Echo Reservoir, following Interstate 80 across Silver Creek Canyon, then going along the Weber River through the towns of Wanship and Coalville.
- Rockport State Park is used for fishing, waterskiing, swimming, and boating on Rockport Reservoir. There are eight campgrounds, featuring a total of 36 RV sites, and 86 tent sites. A cross-country skiing trail is available during the winter.
Eagles Nest Edit
Noteworthy local scouts and service projects
Charitable Organizations Edit
The following service units would greatly look forward to partnering with local scouts on providing community service
External Links Edit
- 60 Hikes within 60 Miles of Salt Lake City - pinpoints the most exceptional hikes in the area. It contains meticulous trail descriptions that range from comfortable strolls for families to difficult treks for those looking for a challenging workout. (2012)
- Hiking the Wasatch: A Hiking and Natural History Guide to the Central Wasatch - The Wasatch Mountains, with three wilderness areas and hundreds of miles of trails, offer a treasure land of outdoor opportunities within easy reach of nearly a million people. (2014)
- Wasatch Eleveners: A Hiking and Climbing Guide to the 11,000 foot Mountains of Utah's Wasatch Range - tackle some of the most beautiful and challenging peaks that the Wasatch offers.