Sioux Council is a local council of the Boy Scouts of America serves Scouts in South Dakota, Iowa and Minnesota. See also Scouting in South Dakota.
Each District coordinates scout leader training. activities and other resources for community based scouting programs. This council is divided into 3 Districts:
- Buffalo Ridge District
- Five Rivers District
- Lewis and Clark Trail District
- North Star SC District
- Pheasant District
- Prairie Hills District
Council Camps Edit
Sioux Council Camps feature many resources for organizing exciting outdoor adventure group activities and are available for rental by scout groups, families and other youth groups. Some camps feature an organized week long campership program during summer months.
- Lewis & Clark Scout Camp at Tabor, SD;
- Camp Iyataka at Wilmot, SD;
- Newton Hills Camp south of Canton, SD;
- Camp Shetek at Currie, MN.
Council Special Events Edit
- Council Scout Fair
- Wood Badge
- University of Scouting
Order of the Arrow Edit
Order of the Arrow is the National Honor Society of Scouting and recognized those who uphold the scouting ideals of camping, service and citizenship.
- Tetonwana Lodge is the OA Lodge for this council.
Eagles Nest Edit
Noteworthy scouts and service projects of the council:
External Links Edit
- siouxbsa.org - Official Website of Sioux Council