Pacific Skyline Council is a local council of the Boy Scouts of America and serves the Bay Area, and is headquartered in Foster City. See also Scouting in California.
One of the six councils that serves the San Francisco Bay area, the Pacific Skyline Council was founded in 1940 as the Stanford Area Council (#031). In 1994, the Stanford Area Council merged with the San Mateo County Council (#020) to form the current council.
Each District coordinates scout leader training. activities and other resources for community based scouting programs. This council is divided into 3 Districts:
Council Camps Edit
Pacific Skyline Council Camps feature many resources for organizing exciting outdoor adventure group activities and are available for rental by scout groups, families and other youth groups. Some camps feature an organized week long campership program during summer months.
- Cutter Scout Reservation (located in the Santa Cruz Mountains) is a Scout camp set in a redwood grove north of Big Basin Redwoods National Park. The camp contains many activities including a pool, a lake (Lake Gamlin), and an operational C.O.P.E. course. Many council weekend events are held at the reservation including Camporees, Order of the Arrow ordeals, and fellowships.
- Boulder Creek Scout Reservation is located in the Santa Cruz Mountains near Boulder Creek, California. The reservation is home to the council's National Youth Leadership Training program performed every summer.
- Camp Oljato is a camp for Boy Scouts located at Huntington Lake in Lakeshore, CA (Fresno County) that was founded in 1941 as a Jewish boys' singing camp. In 1942 the camp was converted to a Boy Scout camp. The camp's property ranges in elevation from 7,000 to just under 8,000 feet (2,400 m) above sea level. Camp Oljato is accessible only by pontoon boats; these boats run on a regular schedule during the Scout camping season running from mid-June to mid-August.
Council Special Events Edit
- Council Scout Fair
- Wood Badge
- University of Scouting
Order of the Arrow Edit
Order of the Arrow is the National Honor Society of Scouting and recognized those who uphold the scouting ideals of camping, service and citizenship.
- Ohlone Lodge is the OA Lodge for this council.
Eagles Nest Edit
Noteworthy scouts and service projects of the council:
External Links Edit
- PacSky.org - Official Website of Pacific Skyline Council