Inland Northwest Council is a local council of the Boy Scouts of America and serves Scouts in Washington and Idaho. See also Scouting in Washington.
The Inland Northwest Council provides the communities and volunteers with three council service centers. Each council service center has a Scout Shop and staff to answer questions, provide training and resources, and is able to take registrations for summer camp or events. Besides the headquarters office in Spokane there are service centers in Hayden Lake, ID and Clarkston, WA.
In 2009, the council sponsored a statue in Spokane. Titled Footsteps To The Future, it honors community mentors.
Each District coordinates scout leader training. activities and other resources for community based scouting programs. This council is divided into 20 Districts:
- Thunderbird District - North Spokane County
- Chinook District- South Spokane County and Lincoln County
- Old Missions District- Kootenai County
- David Thompson District- Pend Oreille in Washington; Bonner and Boundary Counties in Idaho
- Grizzly District- Spokane Valley
- Stevens District- Stevens County
- Chief Kamiakin District- Latah and Whitman Counties
- Lewis-Clark Trails District- Asotin, Garfield, Nez Perce, Clearwater, and Idaho Counties
Council Camps Edit
Inland Northwest Council Camps feature many resources for organizing exciting outdoor adventure group activities and are available for rental by scout groups, families and other youth groups. Some camps feature an organized week long campership program during summer months.
- Camp Easton in Harrison, Idaho
- Camp Grizzly in Harvard, Idaho
- Cowles Scout Reservation in Newport, Washington
- North Idaho High Adventure Base in Harrison, Idaho.
Council Special Events Edit
- Council Scout Fair
- Wood Badge
- University of Scouting
Order of the Arrow Edit
Order of the Arrow is the National Honor Society of Scouting and recognized those who uphold the scouting ideals of camping, service and citizenship.
- Es-Kaielgu Lodge serves the council. An unofficial Facebook page provides electronic communication for the lodge as well as a monthly newsletter.
Eagles Nest Edit
Noteworthy scouts and service projects of the council:
External Links Edit
- nwscouts.org - Official Website of Inland Northwest Council