Grand Columbia Council is a local council of the Boy Scouts of America. Located in central Washington and based in Yakima, the Grand Columbia Council serves the Chelan, Douglas, Grant, Kittitas, Okanogan, Yakima and portions of Adams, Benton, Ferry and Klickitat Counties. The Grand Columbia Council maintains two service centers in Yakima and Wenatchee. See also Scouting in Washington.
Each District coordinates scout leader training. activities and other resources for community based scouting programs. This council is divided into 3 Districts:
- Apple Valley District – Wenatchee area
- Chief Kamiakin District – Prosser, Sunnyside, Zillah and Toppenish area
- Columbia Basin District – Quincy, Ephrata, Moses Lake, Coulee City area
- Okanogan Valley District – Okanagon Valley area
- Saddle Mountain District – Ritzville, Othello and Mattawa area
- Skookum District – Kittitas County and Yakima area
Council Camps Edit
Grand Columbia Council Camps feature many resources for organizing exciting outdoor adventure group activities and are available for rental by scout groups, families and other youth groups. Some camps feature an organized week long campership program during summer months.
- Camp Fife off of Highway 410 near Bumping Lake
- Camp Bonaparte between Tonasket and Republic on Highway 20
- Camp Scout-A-Vista outside Wenatchee,
Council Special Events Edit
- Council Scout Fair
- Wood Badge
- University of Scouting
Order of the Arrow Edit
Order of the Arrow is the National Honor Society of Scouting and recognized those who uphold the scouting ideals of camping, service and citizenship.
- Mic-O-Say Lodge is the OA Lodge for this council.
Eagles Nest Edit
Noteworthy scouts and service projects of the council:
External Links Edit
- GrandColumbia.org - Official Website of Grand Columbia Council