Golden Spread Council is a local council of the Boy Scouts of America serves youth in the panhandles of Texas and Oklahoma. Its service area includes all or part of 23 counties in Texas and three counties in Oklahoma. Through 2010, the council served approximately 5,300 youth members and 1,700 adult leaders. See also Scouting in Texas.
The council was formed in 1987 from the consolidation of the Llano Estacado Council (#562) (based in Amarillo, TX) and the Adobe Walls Council (#569) (based in Pampa, TX).
Each District coordinates scout leader training. activities and other resources for community based scouting programs. This council is divided into 3 Districts:
- Golden Eagle GSC District
- Lone Wolf GSC District
- Quanah Parker GSC District
- Adobe Walls GSC District
Council Camps Edit
Golden Spread Council Camps feature many resources for organizing exciting outdoor adventure group activities and are available for rental by scout groups, families and other youth groups. Some camps feature an organized week long campership program during summer months.
- Camp Don Harrington, commonly referred to as Camp Don, is an 800-acre (3.2 km2) Boy Scout camp in Randall County near Canyon, Texas.
- Camp M.K. Brown covers a section of land near Wheeler, TX, and contains a 65-acre lake. It was built in 1968
Council Special Events Edit
- Council Scout Fair
- Wood Badge
- University of Scouting
Order of the Arrow Edit
Order of the Arrow is the National Honor Society of Scouting and recognized those who uphold the scouting ideals of camping, service and citizenship.
- Nischa Achowalogen Lodge is the OA Lodge for this council.
Eagles Nest Edit
Noteworthy scouts and service projects of the council:
External Links Edit
- goldenspread.org - Official Website of Golden Spread Council