Cimarron Council is a local council of the Boy Scouts of America maintains an office in Enid and serves youth and their families in northwestern and north central Oklahoma. See also Scouting in Oklahoma.
The Cimarron Council was established in June 2000 following the mergers of the Great Salt Plains Council (Enid) and the Will Rogers Council (Ponca City).
Each District coordinates scout leader training. activities and other resources for community based scouting programs. This council is divided into 3 Districts:
Council Camps Edit
Cimarron Council Camps feature many resources for organizing exciting outdoor adventure group activities and are available for rental by scout groups, families and other youth groups. Some camps feature an organized week long campership program during summer months.
- Will Rogers Scout Reservation = named for Will Rogers, one of Oklahoma's favorite sons, is the premier camping facility of the Cimarron Council. The camp consists of approximately 340 acres (1.4 km2) small hilly of oak and hickory forest with its northern boundary being bluffs.
- Camp Williams consists of 145 acres (59 ha) with a small lake, a swimming pool, a southwestern adobe style mess hall, a trading post, a water front for boating activities, camp office, ranger cabin, and 11 well shaded camp sites. It is located near Cleo Springs and Fairview.
- Sundance Scout Training Center - The camp is mostly developed for a farm operation with no developed campsites although there are some picnic tables out in the fields by the lakes.
Council Special Events Edit
- Council Scout Fair
- Wood Badge
- University of Scouting
Order of the Arrow Edit
Order of the Arrow is the National Honor Society of Scouting and recognized those who uphold the scouting ideals of camping, service and citizenship.
- Ema 'O Mahpe Lodge is the OA Lodge for this council.
Eagles Nest Edit
Noteworthy scouts and service projects of the council:
External Links Edit
- cimarronbsa.org - Official Website of Cimarron Council