Caddo Area Council is a local council of the Boy Scouts of America and serves youth in ten counties in Southwest Arkansas and Northeast Texas. See also Scouting in Arkansas.
Each District coordinates scout leader training. activities and other resources for community based scouting programs. This council is divided into 3 Districts:
- Cossatot District - Polk, Howard, Sevier and Little River Counties (AR)
- Double Eagle, Arkansas District - Hempstead, Miller, Lafayette and Nevada Counties (AR)
- Longhorn District - Bowle and Cass Counties (TX)
Council Camps Edit
Caddo Area Council Camps feature many resources for organizing exciting outdoor adventure group activities and are available for rental by scout groups, families and other youth groups. Some camps feature an organized week long campership program during summer months.
- Camp Pioneer in Hatfield, Arkansas, a regional Boy Scout Resident Summer Camp.
- Camp Preston Hunt - Near Texarkana, Arkansas, a Cub Scout and Webelos Resident Camp, and year-round camping facility. Located outside Texarkana, Arkansas, Camp Preston Hunt is over 250 acres, with eleven campsites with cabins, as well as numerous areas for tent camping, swimming pool, large dining hall, lake with canoes, shower facilities, cub pirate ship, and COPE course. Camp Preston Hunt is used year round for district camporees and Webelos Resident Camp.
Council Special Events Edit
- Council Scout Fair
- Wood Badge
- University of Scouting
Order of the Arrow Edit
Order of the Arrow is the National Honor Society of Scouting and recognized those who uphold the scouting ideals of camping, service and citizenship.
- Akela Wahinapay Lodge - OA Lodge for this council.
Eagles Nest Edit
Noteworthy scouts and service projects of the council:
External Links Edit
- CaddoBSA.org.org - Official Website of Caddo Area Council