Blue Mountain Council (BMC) is a local council of the Boy Scouts of America With headquarters in Kennewick WA the Blue Mountain Council serves Scouts in Washington and Oregon. See also Scouting in Oregon.
Each District coordinates scout leader training. activities and other resources for community based scouting programs. This council is divided into 2 Districts:
- Columbia River District serves Kennewick and Finley, Washington
- Eastern Oregon District serves Baker, Wallowa, Union, Grant, and Wheeler counties, Oregon
- Oregon Trail District serves Umatilla, Wheeler, Gilliam, and Morrow counties, Oregon
- Blue Mountain Pioneer District serves Walla Walla and Columbia Counties, Washington
- Rattlesnake Ridge District serves Richland, West Richland, and Benton City, Washington
- White Bluffs District serves Franklin County, Washington
Council Camps Edit
Blue Mountain Council Camps feature many resources for organizing exciting outdoor adventure group activities and are available for rental by scout groups, families and other youth groups. Some camps feature an organized week long campership program during summer months.
The Council does not operate a summer camp.
Council Special Events Edit
- Council Scout Fair
- Wood Badge
- University of Scouting
Order of the Arrow Edit
Order of the Arrow is the National Honor Society of Scouting and recognized those who uphold the scouting ideals of camping, service and citizenship.
- Wa-La-Moot-Kin Lodge is the OA Lodge for this council.
Eagles Nest Edit
Noteworthy scouts and service projects of the council:
External Links Edit
- bmcbsa.org - Official Website of Blue Mountain Council