Arbuckle Area Council is a local council of the Boy Scouts of America maintains offices in Ardmore, Oklahoma, and serves youth and their families in Pontotoc, Murray, Johnston, Garvin, Coal, Atoka, Carter, Love and Marshall counties in southern Oklahoma and the city of Ringling. See also Scouting in Oklahoma.
Each District coordinates scout leader training. activities and other resources for community based scouting programs. This council is divided into 3 Districts:
- Chickasaw AAC District covers Carter, Love, Marshall, Johnston counties and the city of Ringling
- Harry Miller AAC District covers Pontotoc, Atoka, and Coal counties.
- Washita AAC District covers Murray and Garvin counties.
Council Camps Edit
Arbuckle Area Council Camps feature many resources for organizing exciting outdoor adventure group activities and are available for rental by scout groups, families and other youth groups. Some camps feature an organized week long campership program during summer months.
- Camp Simpson - southern Oklahoma's "slice of heaven." Home to Summer Camp and Winter Camp activities. Also available for year-round reservations. Motel room rentals, proms, weddings, family reunions, youth camps, church retreats, school outings.
Council Special Events Edit
- Council Scout Fair
- Wood Badge
- University of Scouting
Order of the Arrow Edit
Order of the Arrow is the National Honor Society of Scouting and recognized those who uphold the scouting ideals of camping, service and citizenship.
- Wisawanik Lodge is the OA Lodge for this council.
Eagles Nest Edit
Noteworthy scouts and service projects of the council:
External Links Edit
- arbucklebsa.org - Official Website of Arbuckle Area Council